WHO WE ARE
We are a group of approximately 60 local
artists, interested in working in various mediums ~ watercolor, acrylics, oil,
pastel, pen and ink, pencil, porcelain & pottery. We are also interested in
displaying and selling our work in local shows sponsored by the Association.
WHAT WE DO
The Art Association meets every 4th Friday at the
Douglas County Library at
1:30. Each year we grant a scholarship to a local high school student planning
to attend an Art School of their choice.
donates to the Food Closet each year and helps local schools with art lessons.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
1. Monthly meetings with informative demonstrations.
2. Occasional workshops by well known artists.
3. Member exhibits in the Community.
4. Field trips and paint-outs.
5. Annual show in Minden at the
C.V.I.C. Hall during Carson Valley Days.
6. A monthly newsletter.
7. An opportunity to meet new friends with the same interests.
8. Annual In-House show at the Library as well as ongoing exhibits at this and
9. Annual Christmas Party.
OBJECT OF CLUB
To develop a high standard of Art amongst our members.
To promote an appreciation of the Arts in Douglas County and surrounding area.
To present to the public, Free of Charge, the best work of itís members in
To encourage the young artists in the area to participate in an annual exhibit
of their work.
WHERE WE MEET
Douglas County Library, Minden Nevada
Yearly Dues, January to December are only:
$20.00 for Single Membership
$25.00 for Family Membership (Consists of husband/wife and under-aged children
living at home)
$5.00 for each Junior Membership (High School and under)
[Top of Page]